Monday, January 9, 2012

Henna Time Pt.2

So I've been sick for a couple of days now, so I literally forced myself for apply the henna. I was a little concerned about the color of the henna when I finished mixing. It wasn't green like what I saw other henna users using. Every other site was saying "beware of black henna". My mix wasn't black, it was more dark brown. I did a google search and found a picture of a mix that resembled mine. Also the supplier's site that I purchased it from said it was body art quality, so I figured it was safe, hoped for the best and applied it.


1st half:                                                                                                     whole head done (kinda dark):
 

I figured it would have been better if I allowed it to touch my skin rather than my shirt because I really have no shirts with me here that I can mess up. Plus the henna would just wash off.

 One dilemma was that I only had one glove to use so my other hand stayed in the paste more than I wanted it to.

just showing how messy it is



I still have the reddish stain on my palm (sorry about the bad camera quality).


After that, I wrapped up my hair in plastic and went to bed. I mustered up enough strength to get up about 10 or so hours later. I'm not sure how that affects the henna or my hair but whats done is done.

After that I shampooed twice, I mostly just allowed the water to get rid of the henna instead of shampooing a lot. I applied a moisturizing conditioner and allowed it to stay while I watched The Real Housewives of Atlanta. After rinsing I applied my ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner and some coconut oil to deep condition my hair. I've had the ORS in my head for hours now because I don't have a dryer and I need it to penetrate my hair as much as possible and because I'm lazy! lol

Anywhoodle,


I'll be back with my results! :)

Thanks for reading,

Aly

2 comments:

Amber said...

OOooh, can't wait to see the results :) Sounds like it was a pretty simple job, too! Hope it looks great:)

Love & Cake,
Amber

a1m1r1 said...

thanks for stopping by Amber! Results coming soon :)