Friday, March 25, 2011

Relaxer time!!

So I started doing my hair at 2:30 this afternoon and I finished at around 6:30pm.

My d-i-y job didn't turn out too bad, but I think I put a little too much coconut oil in so now my hair is sorta limp.
here's what I did...I got my friend to put my put the Dark & Lovely relaxer in....



 then I put the protein keratin treatment thing that's shown at the top left corner of the box. After that I used the neutralizer, rinsed then put more and left it in for ten minutes.

I put conditioner in and left it for 5mins then rinsed.

then I added my moisturizers and coconut oil and roller set my hair.

Everything was good until I left it to air-dry. My hair just seems to not like the air-drying thing at all. I think it's because I started going natural last year then stopped but the stylist who relaxed my hair didn't know that because I had flat ironed it so she couldn't tell the ends were natural. So now I have natural ends, but relaxed roots. They only smooth out with heat, but I didn't want to use heat on my hair.

I had to get it flat ironed anyway though. :(

It's cool though...but the OD coconut oil happened because I was use to the amount I had to use when I was stretching my relaxer...soooo lets just say my hair is well moisturized and sealed :)

No comments: