Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Wash 2011 & Happy New Year

Hey!

I'm so happy that I started this hair journey 9 months ago and that you all decided to stay with me thus far!
This is just a general thank you to you all for subscribing to my blog and reading it. Thank you for the comments of encouraging words and advice.

*                                                                            *                                                                                *

So onto my wash day. Last night I washed my hair, not because it was necessary, but I just didn't like how it felt. I had used this hemp oil thing that contained mineral oil and I'm not sure if it was mind over matter or what but I just hated how it felt.

So I washed my hair with diluted shampoo and used some Aphogee Two Minute Reconstructer...again. I did say my hair takes protein very well. Then I used a moisturizing conditioner.

I had a comment on my blog recently about mixing honey with ann oil, so I mixed the honey with grapeseed oil, olive oil and coconut oil. I also added some ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner to make it pasty. The mixture had been sitting there for about 3 days because I was a little lazy, but that seemed to bond the ingredients well. I just stirred it a little and it became a smooth mixture with no honey stickiness.

I left that on overnight and didn't rinse till late afternoon (out of pure laziness of course lol).

After that, I sprayed some Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructerizer. I always wonder if these people who make these products have some affinity for making up their own words, or if they simply don't like using real words.

I then applied some leave-in conditioner and did a braid-out.

Now I'm sitting here with my braids in hoping that they will be completely dried in time for church later.  I plan to do my regular cute little braid-out updo.


After church I will be spending the first few hours of the year with the bf and a few friends. I'm not really feeling the party thing....

So I hope all of you have an awesome night/morning and I wish you all the best for the year to come!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Love,

Aly

No comments: