Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Betonite Clay for Hair- Wash Day!

Hey!

My wash day was actually Saturday and I used the betonite clay in this weeks regimen.

I started off with a hot oil treatment that was left on my hair overnight (friday). On Saturday, I added the clay mix to my hair without rinsing the oil.

Clay Mix:

betonite clay
almond milk (just enough to make it pasty)
olive oil (tiny amount)



I left it on my hair for about 1/2 hour and I did my clay facial in the last ten minutes of the "hair time" (I'm not gonna show the face part lol).
 I rinsed it out, which I may add, was not an easy task. It felt like there was clay left back every time I assumed I was finished.  I continued anyway and applied conditioner, I figured that while rinsing the conditioner it would rinse out in the process. I used Mane 'N Tail Conditioner and followed that with the Roux porosity and ORS Replenishing Conditioner mix.  I rinsed that after 45 minutes and then added my leave-ins and oils and left it to air dry.

It was a simple addition to my weekly routine but It took way more time than I wanted. I'm not sure if my hair feels way better or not. I just know that it felt clean but not dry, which is always good. I will do it again though because I never totally write off anything I'm unsure of. One more use should determine if I continue using it.

Thanks for reading!




2 comments:

Ms.D said...

I want to try this out! I heard so many great things about it.
I like how you fit in a facial during your wash process! Killing 2 birds with one stone!

a1m1r1 said...

you should try it out, it takes a while to completely rinse it, but it softens the hair. when my hair was dry it felt really good. (my face loves it too btw )

thanks for reading my blog :)